Privacy & Cookies
This is the privacy notice of GPK Insurance Services (Gauntlet) Ltd. In this document, "we", "our", or "us" refer to GPK Insurance Services (Gauntlet) Ltd.
We are company number 10888297 registered in England.
Our registered office is at The Hollow, Duns Tew, Bicester, Oxon, OX25 6JR
- This is a notice to inform you of our policy about all information that we record about you. It sets out the conditions under which we may process any information that we collect from you, or that you provide to us. It covers information that could identify you (“personal information”) and information that could not. In the context of the law and this notice, “process” means collect, store, transfer, use or otherwise act on information.
- We regret that if there are one or more points below with which you are not happy, your only recourse is to leave our website immediately.
- We take seriously the protection of your privacy and confidentiality. We understand that all visitors to our website are entitled to know that their personal data will not be used for any purpose unintended by them and will not accidentally fall into the hands of a third party.
- We undertake to preserve the confidentiality of all information you provide to us, and hope that you reciprocate.
- Our policy complies with UK law accordingly implemented, including that required by the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
- The law requires us to tell you about your rights and our obligations to you in regard to the processing and control of your personal data.
- Except as set out below, we do not share, or sell, or disclose to a third party, any information collected through our website.
The bases on which we process information about you
The law requires us to determine under which of six defined bases we process different categories of your personal information, and to notify you of the basis for each category.
If a basis on which we process your personal information is no longer relevant, then we shall immediately stop processing your data.
If the basis changes then if required by law, we shall notify you of the change and of any new basis under which we have determined that we can continue to process your information.
1. Information we process because we have a contractual obligation with you
When you contact us via our contact forms, buy a product or service from us, or otherwise agree to our terms and conditions, a contract is formed between you and us.
The information we collect about you:
- Email Address
- Telephone Number
In order to carry out our obligations under that contract we must process the information you give us. Some of this information may be personal information.
We may use it in order to:
- verify your identity for security purposes
- sell products to you
- provide you with our services
- provide you with suggestions and advice on products, services and how to obtain the most from using our website
We process this information on the basis there is a contract between us, or that you have requested we use the information before we enter into a legal contract.
Additionally, we may aggregate this information in a general way and use it to provide class information, for example to monitor our performance with respect to a particular service we provide. If we use it for this purpose, you as an individual will not be personally identifiable.
Use of information we collect through automated systems when you visit our website
Cookies are small text files that are placed on your computer's hard drive by your web browser when you visit any website. They allow information gathered on one web page to be stored until it is needed for use on another, allowing a website to provide you with a personalised experience and the website owner with statistics about how you use the website so that it can be improved.
Some cookies may last for a defined period of time, such as one day or until you close your browser. Others last indefinitely.
Your web browser should allow you to delete any you choose. It also should allow you to prevent or limit their use.
- to ensure the website functions correctly
- to record whether you have seen specific messages we display on our website
- to keep you signed in our site
- to record your answers to surveys and questionnaires on our site while you complete them
- to record the conversation thread during a live chat with our support team
The table below explains what cookies we use and why. This table was updated September 2016.
|Content Management System Cookie||CMSSESSID||This cookie is set by our content management system on arrival to the Gauntlet Spalding Insurance Brokers website and is the only cookie which is not blocked by our Cookie Tool. The cookie has not been blocked as it may interfere with the functionality of the website.|
|Cookie Control||civicAllowCookies||This cookies is set by our Cookie Control tool (located at the bottom left hand corner of the screen). It is used to remember that you have chosen to accept cookies so that the message does not appear again as you browse the site. It expires 90 days from set / update.|
|These cookies are used to collect information about how users find our site and navigate around it. The reports we generate from this information are used to help us to improve the site.||Click here for Google Privacy|
3. Personal identifiers from your browsing activity
Requests by your web browser to our servers for web pages and other content on our website are recorded.
We record information such as your geographical location, your Internet service provider and your IP address. We also record information about the software you are using to browse our website, such as the type of computer or device and the screen resolution.
We use this information in aggregate to assess the popularity of the webpages on our website and how we perform in providing content to you.
If combined with other information we know about you from previous visits, the data possibly could be used to identify you personally, even if you are not signed in to our website.
4. Our use of re-marketing
Re-marketing involves placing a cookie on your computer when you browse our website in order to be able to serve to you an advert for our products or services when you visit some other website.
Disclosure and sharing of your information
To fulfil the insurance and/or risk management services we provide, we share your information with the following companies:
- Insurance Companies
- Insurance Intermediary’s
- Managing General Agents
- Loss Adjusters
- Claims Management Companies
- Premium Credit
5. Information we obtain from third parties
Although we do not disclose your personal information to any third party (except as set out in this notice), we sometimes receive data that is indirectly made up from your personal information from third parties whose services we use.
No such information is personally identifiable to you.
Access to your own information
6. Access to your personal information
At any time you may review or update personally identifiable information that we hold about you, by signing in to your account on our website.
To obtain a copy of any information that is not provided on our website you may send us a
request at firstname.lastname@example.org.
After receiving the request, we will tell you when we expect to provide you with the information, and whether we require any fee for providing it to you.
7. Removal of your information
If you wish us to remove personally identifiable information from our website, you may contact us at email@example.com.
This may limit the service we can provide to you.
8. Verification of your information
When we receive any request to access, edit or delete personal identifiable information we shall first take reasonable steps to verify your identity before granting you access or otherwise taking any action. This is important to safeguard your information.
9. Use of site by children
- We do not sell products or provide services for purchase by children, nor do we market to children.
- If you are under 18, you may use our website only with consent from a parent or guardian
- We collect data about all users of and visitors to these areas regardless of age, and we anticipate that some of those users and visitors will be children.
- Such child users and visitors will inevitably visit other parts of the site and will be subject to whatever on-site marketing they find, wherever they visit.
10. Encryption of data sent between us
We use Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) certificates to verify our identity to your browser and to encrypt any data you give us.
Whenever information is transferred between us, you can check that it is done so using SSL by looking for a closed padlock symbol or other trust mark in your browser’s URL bar or toolbar.
11. How you can complain
- If a dispute is not settled, then we hope you will agree to attempt to resolve it by engaging in good faith with us in a process of mediation or arbitration.
12. Retention period for personal data
Except as otherwise mentioned in this privacy notice, we keep your personal information only for as long as required by us:
- to provide you with the services you have requested;
- to comply with other law, including for the period demanded by our tax authorities;
- to support a claim or defence in court.
13. Compliance with the law
However, ultimately it is your choice as to whether you wish to use our website.
We may update this privacy notice from time to time as necessary. The terms that apply to you are those posted here on our website on the day you use our website. We advise you to print a copy for your records.